“Got it wrong, sorry. That’s not what I meant.” Sir Romney
Really? My favorites:
1. “PETA is not happy that my dog likes fresh air.” –-on strapping his dog to the top of the car. Haha what’s wrong with PETA, that’s love.
2. “Planned Parenthood, we’re going to get rid of that” Great plan, you’re a deep thinker.
3. “I’m not a big-game hunter. I’ve made that very clear. I’ve always been a rodent and rabbit hunter. Small varmints, if you will.” Well done you.
4. “I’m not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there.” Truth.
5. “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me.” Great feeling. I mean you couldn’t have said anything better to win over voters.
6. “I like lakes” Me too, have you ever hunted for rocks?
7. “I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners.” Jealous.
8. “Ann drives a couple of Cadillacs.” That’s dope.
And some other creepy comments that Sir Romney should have kept to himself.
“I saw my father march with Martin Luther King.” (Romney’s campaign later admitted that they didn’t march on the same day, or in the same city)
“Hugo Chavez has tried to steal an inspiring phrase ‘Patria o muerte, venceremos.’ It does not belong to him. It belongs to a free Cuba.” –invoking a phrase that translates to “Fatherland or death, we shall overcome,” which Fidel Castro has used to close his speeches for years, and which is associated with Cuban oppression
“Well, the question is kind of a non sequitur, if you will. And what I mean by that — or a null set.” –after being asked during a Republican debate whether is was a mistake to invade Iraq
“We should double Guantanamo!”
“Corporations are people, my friend.”
“I’m also unemployed,”
“The answer is self-deportation, which is people decide they can do better by going home”